Recently I had a task to save file on client machine. We usually save file on server and in ASP.NET the more familiar task to save on client side was to export gridview results to excel file. This time the task was to save an image on client machine. Following is the code that I followed. <pre name="code" class="html"> byte[] fileBytes = File.ReadAllBytes("D:\\Projects\\TestClientDownload\\images\\banner_ad_1.jpg"); Response.ClearContent(); Response.ClearHeaders(); Response.ContentType = "text/plain"; Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=" + "banner_ad_1.jpg"); Response.AppendHeader("content-length", fileBytes.Length.ToString()); ...
Recently I came across an issue in Sql Server 2005, while running CROSS APPLY. The error says that Incorrect syntax near '.'. I tried to figure out all syntax that I could apply but it did not resolve the issue. Actually we need to set sp_dbcmptlevel level to 90. There are good blog posts for this here and here , which can save your valuable time.
Digital Divide Of 32 Bit And 64 Bit There are lot of products from hardware and software speaking about 32 and 64 bit. The article is an effort to understand the differences for common user. Your hardware and software both can be 32 bit OR 64 bit. If your hardware i.e. processor and other peripherals support 64 bit, then you can run 64 bit supported software on it provide you have 64 bit Operating System such as Windows Vista 64 Bit. 1.Software:- 32 bit OS Features of 32 bit OS: - Good for systems running 32 bit applications and having data sets smaller than 2GB. Supports - 4GB System Memory 2 GB Dedicated memory / process eg. Windows Vista, Windows Server 64 bit OS What do you mean by 64 bit OS? More than 4GB Dedicated Memory/process can be supported 64 bit of data can be moved per clock cycle. Features of 64 bit OS: - ASLR(Address Space Layout Randomizer) – It ensures system fil...